Sitting while at work limits the number of calories you burn and this leads to increasing weight, lethargy, obesity, and other problems. Identifying this problem, companies started to promote ergonomic standing desks for employees to move and work efficiently while standing. Seems justified, right?
The sad part is that now employees are facing leg cramps, foot pain, back strain, etc due to standing for long periods. What’s the ideal solution to this problem? Anti-fatigue mats are the answer. In this post by Mats Dubai, we’re going to explain the importance of anti-fatigue floor mats for work environments.
Improving Workspace Comfort: The Significance Of Anti-Fatigue Mats
Encouraging a healthy lifestyle for your workspace employees requires providing them with a safe, comfortable, and secure environment to work in. Out of these 3 factors, the need for comfort can be fulfilled by the placement of fatigue-reducing mats.
What Are Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats?
These mats are designed to provide a cushioned surface that absorbs the shock and pressure placed on the feet, legs, and lower back when standing for extended periods of time. They are typically made from materials like rubber, PVC, polyurethane, or gel and are designed to provide a cushioned surface that absorbs shock and pressure.
Anti-fatigue floor mats are versatile and can be used in a number of different settings. They are available in a range of sizes, thicknesses, and materials, making them suitable for use in different industries and environments.
Why Is There A Need For Fatigue-Reducing Mats?
The employees in assembly lines, healthcare, hospitality, supermarkets, reception spaces, etc are the most affected by physical discomfort leading to fatigue, reduced productivity, and an increased risk of injuries.
Anti-fatigue mats can alleviate these problems by providing a soft, supportive surface that allows the feet to move and flex more naturally. This can facilitate enhancing blood flow and decreasing pressure points, resulting in less fatigue and discomfort.
The Perks & Pros Of Having Anti-Fatigue Floor Mats In Workspaces
You’ve decided to buy fatigue-reducing mats, here are some mainstream highlights of this product purchase.
- Reduced Fatigue: Anti-fatigue floor mats reduce muscle and foot fatigue. These mats also improve blood circulation.
- Improved Productivity: When employees are more comfortable, they can focus more on their work, leading to increased productivity and efficiency.
- Enhanced Safety: Anti-fatigue flooring mats also come in slip-proof backed versions. Having these mats can significantly reduce the likelihood of slip and fall injuries in spill-prone working environments.
- Cost-Effective: The well-being of employees gets improved with little to no health problems. This means a lower number of work leaves, reduced cost of employee treatment, and paid absence. Anti-fatigue mats, alongside being budget-friendly, are cost-effective for your business as well.
- Presentable Floor Looks: Fatigue-reducing floor mats make the surrounding space appear more tidy. Yes, you can buy these floor mats from a wide variety of astonishing designs and pattern-imprinted surfaces to add to the appealing looks of your workspace.
- Prevent Floor Damage: One of the best ways to prevent damage to your workspace flooring is anti-fatigue floor mats. These mats act as a floor covering to prevent wear and tear due to high foot traffic, abrasive equipment, impact damage, etc.
Types Of Anti-Fatigue Mats For Different Working Environments
Working environments differ in terms of job descriptions and requirements and therefore, the same type of fatigue-reducing mats can’t be placed in all workspaces. There are various types of anti-fatigue floor mats available, as explained;
1. Rubber Mats
Rubber mats are durable and resistant to abrasions, making them a beneficial choice for high-traffic areas. They also have good slip-resistant properties, which aid in preventing trips, slips, and falls at work.
These mats are known for their shock-absorbing properties and therefore, offer comfort and support underfoot. In addition, they are not susceptible to damage from oils, chemicals, etc. You can have them in an extensive range of thicknesses and sizes according to your workspace preferences.
2. PVC Mats
PVC mats are popular flooring mats used in commercial and industrial working environments because of their anti-fatigue properties. These floor mats are known for their durability and resistance to slips, chemicals, oils, etc.
Besides, you can easily clean and maintain these mats, therefore they are commonly placed in household kitchens as well. They’re available in a versatile collection of sizes, colors, patterns, and thicknesses for an ideal choice.
3. Polyurethane Anti-Fatigue Mats
Another type of flooring mat offering supreme comfort and support underfoot is a fatigue-reducing mat comprising polyurethane material. And the characteristic features we get are durability, non-toxic nature, safety, ease of cleaning & maintenance, and versatility of choices.
Polyurethane floor mats are mostly used in commercial offices and home kitchens for fatigue-reduction purposes. That doesn’t make them any less advantageous for industrial usage.
4. Anti-fatigue Gel/Foam Mats
Gel mats are filled with a soft, shock-absorbing gel that molds to the shape of the feet, providing maximum support and cushioning. They are often used in healthcare settings, where employees are required to stand for extended periods while performing various tasks. You can easily find these mats available on the market in various colors and patterns.
5. Carpeted Fatigue-Reducing Mats
Carpeted anti-fatigue mats are made with a soft, carpeted surface that is a comfortable and attractive floor-covering option for indoor environments. They are often used in retail stores, offices and commercial environments where aesthetics matter.
Anti-fatigue floor mats offer comfort and support underfoot to employees in working environments. These mats are designed to alleviate pressure on the feet, legs, and lower back with their soft, cushioned surface. We have explained the importance, benefits, and types of anti-fatigue mats for commercial as well as industrial working environments.